The course is designed to provide an in-depth perspective ISO 31000 Risk Management technology in terms of principles, framework and application of the standard..
In addition, the application of the standard ISO 31000 will be discussed together with principles and procedures of PMI/RMP standard for Risk Management. All discussions will be held under case studies in the petrochemical and process industries.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
Learn and understand the various aspects of ISO 31000:2009.
Develop understanding and skills in risk management.
Develop understanding and skills in accountability.
Develop understanding and skills in internal and external communication and reporting mechanisms when dealing with risks.
Develop understanding and skills in establishing the context of ISO31000:2009.
Develop understanding and skills in risk monitoring and reporting.
Develop and implement ISO 31000 in their industry.
Who should attend
The course provides an overview of all significant aspects and respects of ISO 31000 Risk Management standard for all managers, engineers and supervisors who already have knowledge of project & risk management techniques and tools and want to apply or already applied ISO 31000:2009 to their companies. Many managers are responsible for projects and/or production and need to manage risk in a professional manner. For many others there is requirement for knowledge about this important ISO standard in risk management.
- Introduction of standard ISO3100:2009
- Terms and definitions
- Mandate and commitment
- Design of framework for managing risk
- Understanding of the organization and its context
- Establishing risk management policy
- Integration into organizational processes
- Establishing internal communication and reporting mechanisms
- Establishing external communication and reporting mechanisms
- Implementing risk management
- Implementing the framework for managing risk
- Implementing the risk management process
- Monitoring and review of the framework
- Continual improvement of the framework
- Communication and consultation
- Establishing the context
- Establishing the external context
- Establishing the internal context
- Establishing the context of the risk management process
- Defining risk criteria
- Risk assessment
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Selection of risk treatment options
- Preparing and implementing risk treatment plans
- Monitoring and review
- Recording the risk management process
- Attributes of enhanced risk management
This interactive training course includes the following training methodologies as presented on the next column based on percentage of the total tuition hours:
Workshops & Work presentation
Case Studies & Practical Exercises
Videos, Sofware & General Discussion
The course instructor may modify the above training methodology before or during the course for technical reasons with no prior notice to participants.